Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Free-for-all Friday: DIY Valentine Wreaths!

Alllll I have to say is some of our peeps have some goooood lookin front doors! Two of my college sistah friends were feeling pretttty crafty and shared some presh DIY Valentine Wreaths. Trust me that you'll wanna try these.

First, we have Claire in VA. Claire and her kiddos made this darling wreath.
LOVE it. Wanted it. Tried it. Here YOU have it...

What you need:
  • Large heart cut out of sturdy cardboard
  • Colored tissue paper (cut in 5x5 squares), around 6 dozenish
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks
  • Coordinating decorative ribbon
Cut tissue paper in 5x5ish squares

Put hot glue on cardboard heart and glue tissue paper onto heart. Fill with as much tissue paper as you can.

I'm not gonna lie. This started out as a craft to do w/ my 3 year old but she became a little distracted after she realized there was a large surface area to fill so I cut her two smaller hearts where she could go crazy. It actually occupied her quite well. She covered one with leftover hearts from this craft and then made a smaller heart wreath for her bedroom door.
Finished product! I'll admit I like Claire's reddish one better but since we have a red door, we went hot pink and light pink.
Note from Claire: Be careful that your wreath isn't directly exposed to natural elements such as rain, snow, etc. because the tissue paper will bleed.

Next up we have Jennifer C. of good ole NC but we call her Cole. Cole whipped up this adorable wreath.

 What you need:
  • Styrofoam wreath or straw wreath w/ plastic wrapping left on
  • Pack of 36 in. red felt cut into 3 inch circles
  • Straight pins
 Fold circles in half and then in half again. Stick straight pen through bottom like so (don't my girls nails look fab?!?!!?)...
 ...and stick onto wreath.
She said the trial run took about 1 hr. 45 minutish but that it's soooo cute that it was worth it. She loved it so much she also made a smaller one. Maybe her learning curve will help it go even faster for you!  Granted, this may be an adult only craft but her hubs was out of town so this was one fun way to fill her time!Thanks, Coley. B-E-A-utiful!!!

I love all of these FUN, easy and affordable Valentine ideas! What tricks do the rest of you have up your sleeves?!?! Do tell! Do tell! We wanna know! Special thanks to Claire Bear and Coley for sharing their ideas. Also, I LOVED getting an email from an extra special reader, Anna, that she enjoyed doing this craft with her 3 boys. Here was their finished product. How pretty!?!?

TGIF, ya'll!
Love,
Hannah
roofwithaview (at) gmail (dot) come

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the felt idea! Will have to try this.

Toni R. said...

I love the tissue paper hearts! I have a styrofoam heart wreath and I think I'm gonna see what happens when I take the tissue paper and glue it on there. Me and straight pins are NOT friends! Lol! I always end up stabbing myself with them multiple times!