Pages

Friday, May 8, 2009

Free-for-all Friday: Honoring our Mothers!


We have two days until Mother's Day and there is no better time to honor our beloved mothers! Rather than a lengthy post, we want today's focus to be on your comments. Here's how...

As aspiring moms, we can learn from our own accomplished moms and role models. In an effort to honor our moms and encourage each other with wisdom on this journey of motherhood, please leave a comment and...


1. Tell us the best advice that your mother has ever given you.

AND/OR

2. The verse from Proverbs 31:10-31 that reminds you most of your mother and why.

You will automatically receive 5 entries to our May Giveaway for sharing with us. There is no limit to how many comments you may leave. As you think of things throughout your day, feel free to come back and share them with us!

We love you, Moms!

P.S. If you are racking your brain for a gift to give your mother this Mother's Day, I gave my mom this Proverbs 31 bracelet (click here), by Deirdre & Company, several years ago for Christmas and she still wears it. Each stone/charm represents a verse from Proverbs 31 and Deirdre, a Christian artist, is a delight to work with.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

The best advice my mother gave me was to wash my face before I go to bed. It was one of the last things she told me before I got married. At the time I was not very appreciative but now I am. It is a little thing and there were so many wonderful things she taught me and I love her so much. She also was a great example of how to look at the bright side of situation but she does that better than me. I love you Mom, happy mother's day.

Our Funny Farm said...

My mom is a very encouraging lady and I learned so much from her but seeing how her actions supported her words spoke volumes to me. Now that I am a mom, I find so many times that watching my kids' reactions and actions can sometimes be like looking in a mirror and that reflection can be both good and bad so making sure my actions and demeanor match what I am teaching them in my words is so important. This is common sense and simple when we think about but I believe when we allow God to transform us and keep the model of a Proverbs 31 woman as a model, it allows us to be transformed as mothers and women and that trickles down to our children too because they see how both our actions and words match.